Keeping you Updated
5th Grade Final Assembly Info-Friday 6/19/20PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SHARING USING SOCIAL MEDIA...THANK YOU5th Grade Final Assembly Zoom Code and Protocols You are cordially invited to the Virtual 5th Grade Final Assembly June 19th at 10:00am Virtual Lobby will open at 9:30am***Final Assembly will be live using Zoom Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86787251473?pwd=UWNLNlRiaTRObURaWjczQVNLU3lnUT09Meeting ID: 867 8725 1473 Password: 0Tbpt7***You must download and install Zoom on the device you plan on using prior to Friday, June 19th***You must also register prior to being permitted into the graduation. This should be done prior to Friday.***Students are encouraged to dress appropriatelyThere will be a TEST RUN on Thursday, June 18th from 9:30 - 10:30 using the above link for anyone who would like to practice signing in prior to Friday, June 19th.Assembly Protocols - The chat feature will be disabled at 10:05 am - Participants will be "muted" throughout - "Speaker" view is highly recommended NOT gallery or tiled - Students should be dressed appropriatelyPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
5th Grade Important Dates!Virtual Graduation will be on June 19 starting at 10am. A link will be sent to all of our students to join prior to the start.
A Special Teacher/Para Drive by delivering yearbooks for our 5th grade students will be on June 22 and 23 ...... 9am - 3pm on both dates.
5th Grade Clap Out Drive By around the perimeter of the school will be on June 25th starting at 10 am. Details to follow.....
--PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Think Centraluser name is osis#password is gomathPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Need a Device Request from DOE
To help students stay connected during emergencies, the DOE is lending internet-enabled iPads to support remote learning for students. If you would like to request a device for a NYC student in your family, please fill out the form below. The DOE will use the contact information you provide to get in touch with you regarding the delivery of your device. In addition to the form below, you must also sign the Student Device Agreement in order for your request to be processed. Priority will be given to students most in need, and all devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned. There is a limit of one device per student. If you need to cancel a request, visit the request cancellation page.PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
We are ensuring that every child in NYC has access to three meals a day through our grab-and-go meal hubs, and starting next week, we will be expanding meal access to adults. Meal hubs will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 1:30pm across all of NYC. No registration, ID or documentation required. all 3 meals can be picked up at the same time, and caregivers can pick up meals on behalf of their children. To learn the meal hub location nearest to them, families can visit our website, or by texting FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877. https://www.opt-osfns.org/schoolfoodny/meals/default.aspxPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
REMOTE LEARNING DEVICES REQUEST FORMS
Remote Learning Device Request Form and Responses: Please continue to encourage families who have not requested a device to request a device. To complete the Remote Learning Device Request Form or call 718-935-5100, and choose option 5 to request a device, which will be distributed on a rolling basis.PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Please review all new added resourcesPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
STOP AND SHOP A tt School Rewards programPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
School Meal Application Forms
The New York City Department of Education (DOE) is pleased to announce lunch is now completely free for all students in every New York City public school. Breakfast is already provided for free and now all meals will be served at no charge to families.
We need your help to make this program a success. All parents, regardless of income, must still complete a School Meals Form so that our schools get access to federal funding for this program and others. Please complete the form online at www.myschoolapps.com by December 29, 2018. A hardcopy of the form will also be sent home and is available at your school’s main office.PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Hanging with My Peeps 2020
PS 3 School Spirit Day
We joined the Rainbow Challenge to spread the message "everything will be okay", hoping to brighten everyone's day! #PS3theplacetobe
CONGRATULATIONS TO PS 3'S 5TH GRADE!
Important Links School Links
Birthday Celebration Schedule
DOE RULES AND REGULATIONS
PS 3 School Mission and Vision Statements
School Mission Statement:
P.S. 3, a diverse learning community dedicated to guiding learners to exceed academic expectations, and empowering them to make a positive difference in the world. We inspire students to Fly, Soar and Achieve.
School Vision Statement:
P.S. 3 envisions a school culture that provides a rigorous curriculum to prepare students for future academic endeavors for college and career readiness as it paves the path for success. Through partnerships and service learning projects, we foster relationships that create a community with positive energy, mutual respect, and enthusiasm for learning. We strive to ensure that all experiences become opportunities for growth and learning for students, staff and parents.
- If high expectations are set, every student can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence.
- All adults are responsible for ensuring that all students excel academically. It is our collective responsibility to work with each and every child to achieve their potential.
- All students will develop the competence, critical thinking, social and civic skills to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in life.
- It is our collective responsibility to create a safe environment for all students, where we find the right balance in creating a rigorous educational experience and enjoyment for learning so that we create a community of lifelong learners.
- Adult beliefs and expectations make the difference in student behavior and performance.
- Teachers use formative assessment and student data to make daily instructional decisions
- Provide clear assessment criteria with kid friendly language so that students can self-assess and peer assess.
- Monitor student learning through the use of checks for understanding (including the use of checklists, rubrics, and monitoring student discussions).
- Provide timely feedback to students
- Implement the use of math journals on a regular basis.
- Utilize a balanced literacy approach to assist all learners in achievement
- Have students read and write regularly and often.
- Read independently every day.
- Have goals for themselves in mathematics and English language arts
- Write on a regular basis in all subject areas.
- Have a math journal where they engage with rigorous mathematical problems
- Self-assess their performance using a rubric
- Work toward being able to lead a “student led” parent teacher student conference
- Be assigned a range of questions from DOK that requires them to find and use text evidence
RESPECT FOR ALL LIAISON Danka Amtzis
Report to RFA and SHP
Notification from DOE
- Breaking News (snow alerts and other important notifications) we'll send it to you as soon as they’re issued.
- Parents and Families keeps parents informed with all of the latest news, programs, and events.
- Enrollment Updates (Gifted and Talented, 3-K for All, Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, High School) alert you to important deadlines and events in your area of interest.
- Notify NYC is the City's emergency alert system. Get notified about school closings and other emergency-related items in several different categories.
- Stay connected with us on social media,
- Check out The Morning Bell, DOE's official blog.