PS 3 Shutterfly/Tiny prints FundraiserPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Picture Day 10/21
Lifetouch Picture Day
PS 3 Code #AL259112Q0PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Hammer and Stain FundraiserPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
STOP AND SHOP A tt School rewards programPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
School Meal Application Forms-Click Below to fill out
The New York City Department of Education (DOE) is pleased to announce lunch is now completely free for all students in every New York City public school. Breakfast is already provided for free and now all meals will be served at no charge to families.
We need your help to make this program a success. All parents, regardless of income, must still complete a School Meals Form so that our schools get access to federal funding for this program and others. Please complete the form online at www.myschoolapps.com by December 29, 2018. A hardcopy of the form will also be sent home and is available at your school’s main office.PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
PLEASE READ ALLERGY LETTER **IMPORTANT**PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Enroll in NY Public SchoolsPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Box Top Collection
Box Tops- the easy way to "Earn Cash for our School". All proceeds support the programs and activities donated by the PTA!PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Think Centraluser name is osis#password is gomathPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
OPEN SCHOOL WEEK
“OPEN SCHOOL WEEK” will be during the week of November 12th- November 15th. This is the time to reinforce the importance of parent-school relationships. This dynamic partnership is necessary to ensure the educational success of every student at PS3. During Open School Week, you have the opportunity to visit while classes are in session
Please respectfully adhere to the following suggested schedule:
Pre-K and 4th Grade
5th Grade /903
Lunch periods are as follows:
4th Period Lunch: (10:59am-11:49am) Pre-K, Kindergarten, 3rd Grade and 5th Grade
5th Period lunch: (11:54am-12:44pm) 1st, 2nd 4th 901, 902 and 903
This schedule is merely a suggestion so that there is minimal disruption of classroom routines. To preserve the integrity of instruction and allow for an authentic classroom experience, it will not be possible for you to speak with teachers or paraprofessionals at this time. We ask that you refrain from photographing or videotaping the class in progress. Younger siblings and other children will are not permitted to visit the classroom with you. Please check with your child’s teacher for any other out of class activities so that you may plan for your visit at the most convenient time.PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Nov 12th -21PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
5th Grade Dancing Class rooms
period 3 501 503
period 5 502 504
period 6 503/903 501
period 7 504/903 502/903(5th Grade Students)PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
K- Tottenville Library Trip K001Tottenville library trips on the calendar:Milkie Nov. 5thVicino Nov 12Rivera Nov 13Ferrer Nov 26Giammarino/Maira Jan 15PS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
SI Museum in class trip-K002, K003
koo3 10amPS 3 (31R003) The Margaret Gioiosa Pleasant Plains School
Fun Days @ #PS3theplacetobe
DOE RULES AND REGULATIONS
School Mission Statement:
P.S. 3, a diverse learning community dedicated to guiding learners to exceed academic expectations, and empowering them to make a positive difference in the world. We inspire students to Fly, Soar and Achieve.
School Vision Statement:
P.S. 3 envisions a school culture that provides a rigorous curriculum to prepare students for future academic endeavors for college and career readiness as it paves the path for success. Through partnerships and service learning projects, we foster relationships that create a community with positive energy, mutual respect, and enthusiasm for learning. We strive to ensure that all experiences become opportunities for growth and learning for students, staff and parents.
- If high expectations are set, every student can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence.
- All adults are responsible for ensuring that all students excel academically. It is our collective responsibility to work with each and every child to achieve their potential.
- All students will develop the competence, critical thinking, social and civic skills to reach their highest potential in the classroom and in life.
- It is our collective responsibility to create a safe environment for all students, where we find the right balance in creating a rigorous educational experience and enjoyment for learning so that we create a community of lifelong learners.
- Adult beliefs and expectations make the difference in student behavior and performance.
- Teachers use formative assessment and student data to make daily instructional decisions
- Provide clear assessment criteria with kid friendly language so that students can self-assess and peer assess.
- Monitor student learning through the use of checks for understanding (including the use of checklists, rubrics, and monitoring student discussions).
- Provide timely feedback to students
- Implement the use of math journals on a regular basis.
- Utilize a balanced literacy approach to assist all learners in achievement
- Have students read and write regularly and often.
- Read independently every day.
- Have goals for themselves in mathematics and English language arts
- Write on a regular basis in all subject areas.
- Have a math journal where they engage with rigorous mathematical problems
- Self-assess their performance using a rubric
- Work toward being able to lead a “student led” parent teacher student conference
- Be assigned a range of questions from DOK that requires them to find and use text evidence
RESPECT FOR ALL LIAISON
Notification from DOE
- Breaking News (snow alerts and other important notifications) we'll send it to you as soon as they’re issued.
- Parents and Families keeps parents informed with all of the latest news, programs, and events.
- Enrollment Updates (Gifted and Talented, 3-K for All, Pre-K, Elementary, Middle, High School) alert you to important deadlines and events in your area of interest.
- Notify NYC is the City's emergency alert system. Get notified about school closings and other emergency-related items in several different categories.
- Stay connected with us on social media,
- Check out The Morning Bell, DOE's official blog.